This recipe needs no introduction. Let’s jump in.
(Feeds 6 hungry people)
-1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
-1 c. sugar
-1 c. water
-1 c. walnut halves
-6 T. mayonnaise
-3 t. honey
-3 t. condensed milk
-2 lbs. medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
-1 large egg, beaten
-1 c. cornstarch
-salt and pepper to taste.
1. Heat water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
2. Add sugar and stir constantly until the mixture is golden and syrupy.
3. Add walnuts and combine.
4. Pour those out on parchment and separate them as best as you can, because when they harden, they’ll turn into a yummy brittle that’s tough to take apart.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, honey, and condensed milk. (We accidentally cut the recipe in half during this portion. We realized our mistake and then added the extra later.)
6. Season your shrimp with a little salt and pepper, if you wish.
7. Mix up the egg and put it in a pie plate. Pour some cornstarch in a separate pie plate.
8. Dip the shrimp (individually) into the egg, then into the cornstarch. Keep going until you’re all done!
9. Heat up a skillet with some oil. Working in little batches, fry those shrimp up until they’re golden brown!
10. Once those shrimp are finished, pour them into a large bowl and mix in the mayo/honey mixture.
11. Add those candied walnuts.
Serve right away! It’s so good, I think I might make some more right now…
Anyway, we decided to make ours into a Build-Your-Own-Lettuce-Wrap bar for lunch. But this would be so yummy served alongside some rice or chow mein too!
If you’re wondering about that other dish in the picture above, check out the Firecracker Fish recipe here!
Hope you guys make this yourself. And it really is better than Panda’s.